MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Having emitter objects get sucked into a box.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hopper
Having emitter objects get sucked into a box.
on Oct 14, 2019 at 6:31:06 pm

I have an emitter that is pointing downwards. The emitter object is just a bunch of cubes that are falling down.
I want those particles to basically be pulled or sucked into an open box.

I've tried creating an attractor with a box field but it just has MOST of the particles get pulled in. And when they do, they just dance around like mad.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Having emitter objects get sucked into a box.
on Oct 15, 2019 at 3:15:28 am

Try lowering the velocity of the emission. Usually with this kind of thing the particles are going so fast they wiz right by the destination before the forces can have any kind of effect.
Alternatively increase the intensity of the attractor.
Finally you can jack up your air resistance.
Once inside the box you will have to add a friction field that encompasses just the contents of the box. Gradually increase those forces as the particles enter and that will slow them down. Remember you can animate the intensity of the forces - so you could start out with a crazy high attractor force to make sure it grabs those first particles and then lower it down as it takes hold and brings those particles closer to their destination.
And because you are firing downwards you might want to turn off the project's gravity (every project has some unless you say otherwise) as this is adding to the particles voom.

Return to posts index

Jim Hopper
Re: Having emitter objects get sucked into a box.
on Oct 16, 2019 at 4:25:30 pm

Thanks for the help!
I'll give those idea a shot and post back how it goes.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]