MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D R19 Voronoi Fracture VERY BAD Performance

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxim Fischer
Cinema 4D R19 Voronoi Fracture VERY BAD Performance
on Sep 27, 2019 at 9:15:39 pm

Hello guys,

I startet a new project with Cinema 4D R19 because of the new features in Voronoi Fracture. After some time I noticed really bad performance by increasing the
point amount. I thought maybe my gpu couldn't handle that much of polygons but there only 85.000 polygons. I opened this project in Cinema 4D R18 and it runs smoothly like it should.
I uploaded my project to this post and I would know if I'm the only one with this problem.

13756_planetcollisioncc.c4d.zip

PC specs:
GTX 980Ti 6GB | Driver: 419.67
Ryzen 7 1700X
32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cinema 4D R19 Voronoi Fracture VERY BAD Performance
on Sep 28, 2019 at 6:37:01 pm

I tried your file on 19, 20 and 21 (don't have 18 on this computer) and it's a bit different in all 3 (which they usually warn about with new versions). All run about the same speed.
The dynamics will run on your CPU not your GPU and that's what is determining speed, you are right it's not enough polys to slow that down much, it's all the dynamics calculations which are slowing it down and those are single threaded only using 1 of your 16 threads.
Which doesn't answer your 18 vs 19 question, don't know, there must be some change in there that I assume makes dynamics more accurate at the expense of speed but that's just guessing.

Return to posts index

Maxim Fischer
Re: Cinema 4D R19 Voronoi Fracture VERY BAD Performance
on Oct 1, 2019 at 10:16:36 pm

I forgot to mention that I already backed the simulation and only the play back from Cinema 4D r19 is totally lagging. I don't even have to play the simulation and its lagging.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]