creating manure grains

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ekpeti Chuks
creating manure grains
on Sep 23, 2019 at 6:49:57 am

Hi every one,
I am trying to make something that looks like manure
below is a link to what exactly i am trying to replicate in 3D.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZhkVIL8gRmcjF59C3_6q...

I want to do an animation for it, animation of a man throwing a bucket of the materials on top water surface, i am considering using realflow but i wonder if i can customize it to display the above materials as particles.
please any solution on how to go about it. and also better ideas are welcomed too.

Regards,
Chuks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: creating manure grains
on Sep 26, 2019 at 11:53:26 pm

Oh man! I'm gonna have to clean my tape measure now!
Real flow might be a big hammer for this but we'll get to that in a sec.

Depending on your angle of view on the scene, will you really be so close to the thrown particles so see enough detail? If you just emit particles with varying sizes, shapes and varying textures(colors) I don't think your going to see a difference whether its lead shot or manure. If you need to cut to a close up of surface tension holding the stuff on the water then that's a different story. (in that case particle "flats" with images maps on them floating radially out from the landing point and rotating would be a good illusion.

As for using RF, (and in this case not using it) what about using a proximity tag to find where each particle hits the "water" surface and apply a deformer or shader deformer where those events happen? I assume that's what you want RF for? This gets really easy in R 21 (and 20?) with Fields. But can be done with any version that has Mograph.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]