MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating a *horizontally* looping animation - where the left-end and right-end of frame complete each other

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeng Oh
Creating a *horizontally* looping animation - where the left-end and right-end of frame complete each other
on Sep 16, 2019 at 1:32:38 am

Hey so I REALLY hope someone has dealt with this before or has some idea on how to go about it.

So I have an animation I'm going to project on 4 walls - which means at the far width-ends the animation should stitch seamlessly. I'm kinda having a hard time figuring it out. Anyone has an idea?

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: Creating a *horizontally* looping animation - where the left-end and right-end of frame complete each other
on Sep 17, 2019 at 2:24:05 am

This will depend on how your camera is setup.

If your camera is not animated and angled straight along one axis:
You can throw the entire animation in a null, and center that null at 0,0,0
Create two instance objects that reference that null and offset each by the total width.
Or you can just instance once and position far right and left edges to 0 and align the camera in the middle as I did in the attachment.

13726_seamless.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jeng Oh
Re: Creating a *horizontally* looping animation - where the left-end and right-end of frame complete each other
on Nov 11, 2019 at 8:59:11 am

Thanks for your reply ! I ended up solving it in a different way since I was trying to avoid perspective distortions at the sides of the video. But I really appreciate your attempt at it.

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Sep 21, 2019 at 6:39:04 pm

One way of considering it might help you, since we have no idea what you are attempting in terms of animation:

Sometimes putting the camera INSIDE the scene eases this kind of problem. For instance, if you texture the inside of a sphere, it naturally loops around, and all you need to do is rotate the camera.

If you are doing a walk cycle, you may find it easier to START the walk cycle in the center of the screen, so the looping occurs in the middle where you have more control

More information will give you better answers.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Jeng Oh
on Nov 11, 2019 at 8:54:56 am

Hey Eric, thanks for your reply!

I have since finished it and flew out to present the installation. It came out really nice, and I ended up solving it in different ways.
The animation was basically of asteroids flying all around in different ways - rotating around the room, flying up and down, and flying towards the spectator (who stands inside the room surrounded by the projected walls).

Having the asteroids fly around in rotation and up+down I did by placing a Parallel camera thats 4 times the width of 1 wall, so it captures all four walls at once. Then I faked perspective by having different layers of asteroids fly side ways at different speeds (the furthest, the slowest) and at different scale (the furthest the smallest). That way I knew that after rendering, I can chop each wall and it would be a continuous flow between the walls, and I would have insane perspective distortions at the sides of the video.

The asteroids flying at you part I really couldn't solve and I realized that, unless I'm missing something, there's some major physical limitations in projecting that with each wall continuing the one next to it. So I just exported 4 different walls. The effect was still intense enough to not bum out the asteroids disappear at the corners on the walls.

Anyway, this is still in exploration as I intended to make it better and better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]