MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Paper Flying which sticks to a surface after some time

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sujen bajracharya
Paper Flying which sticks to a surface after some time
on Sep 10, 2019 at 9:19:24 pm

Hey Guys,
I am trying to animate some paper flying inside a tunnel followed by a camera which after some time I want it to animate sticking it to the wall of a tunnel making it seem like a poster. Any tips on how to achieve this in Cinema.
1) I tried using cloth tag into the paper to make it float in the air with some wind but it's very hard to control to make it stick onto the wall.
2) tried using cloner and deformer onto a align to spline tag but can t seem to make it believable
3)Tried using Spline wrap deformer with some rail but have to animate individually for each paper.

So is my option to animated each paper individually.
How do you guys go about breaking this scene down to achieve the result?

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Paper Flying which sticks to a surface after some time
on Sep 10, 2019 at 10:48:28 pm

you might be able to start with the paper on the wall (with the cloth tag on it) let it get blown off toward the camera, run the camera backward before it and then run the result backwards. Don't know if it would look right but the 'end' is controllable

Return to posts index

sujen bajracharya
on Sep 10, 2019 at 11:46:46 pm

Hey Brian thanks for the reply.

I did try it but for the wind, I used an external wind rather than the inbuild cloth wind. Does it make any difference? The only problem is inside the tunnel the wind blows up to a certain point due to the curve of the tunnel. If that makes sense. My question is if there was a way to make the tunnel invisible to the wind and is there a way to control the cloth which comes towards the camera I would want it to pass the camera at a certain point. so was wondering if there was a way to do that. I was thinking if i would make the current state of the cloth and make it editable at a certain place and animate using aling to spline after it? Could that be another option or is there a simpler way to do that.

Thank you once again

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 11, 2019 at 2:20:55 pm

you can bake the paper to PLA in the timeline then the paper will move reliably as you scroll along through frames. That should let you place the camera where you need to easily.

Return to posts index

Justin Thomson
on Sep 11, 2019 at 8:04:13 pm

Well, if it's only one piece that stick at the end of the animation you could just key frame that one.

When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator down for the next guy

Return to posts index

sujen bajracharya
on Sep 13, 2019 at 7:11:15 am

Hey, i had to animate multiple papers, however i did manage to make it using Brian's reversal technique but i didn't use cloth. i used Cloner and rigid body with some bend on a plane and started with the posters sticking on the wall after that i used a Collider body to trigger the papers and used wind in various places to fly the papers around the tunnel. which worked pretty well. Thanks to Brian for his wisdom :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]