MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Pills in a bottle - how?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
Pills in a bottle - how?
on Aug 28, 2019 at 9:23:53 pm

I need to drop a bottle, then have pills spill out of it when it lands. I tried cloning the pills and putting the cloner in the bottle with rigid tag, but as soon as I run, all hell breaks loose with the pills. I need the bottle to hit the floor, kicking the pills out to spill next to the bottle. I'm stumped.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Pills in a bottle - how?
on Aug 28, 2019 at 10:22:00 pm

First, make sure that there's no intersections between the bottle and pills (and between the pills themselves) initially, or everything will explode as you describe. Second, it sounds like you need to alter some settings of the dynamics tags. Without seeing the project I'm guessing that you need to select something other than "Off" for the Individual Elements setting of the cloner's dynamics tag, and perhaps set the Shape setting of the bottle's tag to "Moving Mesh." If that doesn't work upload the project file and I will take a look at it.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Aug 28, 2019 at 11:15:26 pm

Thanks, Jim. It seems you always have the answer. I'll work on it and send the file if I'm failing miserably.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Aug 28, 2019 at 11:29:07 pm

Sometimes I get lucky. Hopefully my hints will help you find what you need to modify.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]