MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpresso Car Wheel

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diego Romero
Xpresso Car Wheel
on Aug 23, 2019 at 6:08:13 am

Hello! I need some help creating car wheels that rotate automatically (forward and backwards) when moving along a spline that I created on the X,Y and Z axis.

I have seen a million tutorials but they all either only calculate the speed from a single axis, don’t rotate backwards or are entire car rigs and I only need to start with one wheel for now.

Any help is appreciated!

Return to posts index

Corrado Carlevaro
Re: Xpresso Car Wheel
on Aug 23, 2019 at 10:58:21 am

You could get the length of the spline, calculate the circonference of the wheel, put an Align to Spline tag to the wheel and link (with Xpresso) the rotation value to the Position percentage of the Align tag.
(e.g. if the spline is 100 cm and the circonference is 10 cm you need 10 rotations)

Return to posts index

Diego Romero
on Aug 23, 2019 at 2:10:29 pm

Thank you for your answer, but will it work when going backwards, and what if I want it to eventually stop following the spline and animate the position by hand?

Return to posts index

Corrado Carlevaro
on Aug 24, 2019 at 4:44:15 pm

of course you can make it go backwards but then if you want to animate by hand it depends on..., well, the way you decide to animate it. If you use dynamics and connectors (the way you'd usually rig a car) the wheels are already spinning based on the friction with the ground

Return to posts index

Emir Bojorquez
on Aug 23, 2019 at 4:17:07 pm

Probably this will help you to start
Use Xpresso and range Mapper

13653_wheeltest.c4d.zip

Hope that helps.

Good Luck

Imagination is the best tool...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>