MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

x particles follow spline with collisions

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
x particles follow spline with collisions
on Aug 19, 2019 at 12:12:37 am

Hi All,
I'm somewhat new to using X-Particles, and ran into this situation.
I have particles following a spline (RBCs in a blood vessel), and when I use collisions to keep the particles from colliding, I get a wierd jumping. It seems the simulation is fighting between the follow spline and dynamics of the collisions. Anyone find a work around for this?

Mike

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: x particles follow spline with collisions
on Aug 19, 2019 at 1:42:27 am

Not in a place to test but I would try to use xparticles dynamics and not mograph dynamics since they are separate systems, if it is all xparticles already it would be good to see the scene file

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Aug 20, 2019 at 3:07:35 pm

Hi Brian,
I'm using X particles, no mograph. I've attached a simple scene. I know within C4D's dynamics there's a force setting to balance the dynamics vs the mograph motion.

Here I have particles travel along a spline, and I want them to not overlap, so I added x particles PP collision. It really looks like it's just fighting the follow spline motion. If I turn follow spline off, the collisions work correctly.

13648_simplefollowsplinewcollisions.zip

Mike

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Aug 20, 2019 at 5:42:06 pm

I don't know how to correct your issue, but if you want a somewhat realistic animation of blood cells through a vein why not send the particles through a tube (sweep of ring along spline) and let them bounce off the walls?

Something like this:

13650_bloodflow.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on Aug 20, 2019 at 11:12:59 pm

I never quite get the right look that way. I'll keep playing around, see what I can come up with.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]