MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How does it work with these Subdivisions?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zuzanna Loch
How does it work with these Subdivisions?
on Aug 7, 2019 at 6:32:10 pm

Hi community!

I've been playing around with Cinema4D, learning it on my own. Usually, I get what I need, however, there are things I know I am not doing properly.
One reoccurring issue I have is with subdivision and Sculpting. If I want to sculpt some irregular form, I start with a sphere. However, once I make some parts stand out, the subdivisions stretch in a way that makes further working a nightmare. An example is below:

I want to make the space between fingers nice and smooth, but I can't make endless subdivisions. Especially that I would like them to increase just in this particular spots, not on the entire object. I wish there was a way to put a new net of subdivisions on it, so that they would be spread equally on the form that I am having right now. What would be the right way to do solve this issue?

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: How does it work with these Subdivisions?
on Aug 8, 2019 at 1:52:27 am

Block out the basic shapes while at a much lower subdivision level and gradually increase subdivision levels to detail the geometry in place.
Since your current subdivision level is only 3 I think you are starting with a mesh that is already too dense. Try starting with the least number of polygons needed to achieve the basic blocking. If you are in R20 then use also have volume builder and volume messier at your disposal so you can use a series of low polygon objects to block out the overall form and then build a volume from that to sculpt on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]