Cloner based logo reveal

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
Cloner based logo reveal
on Aug 3, 2019 at 8:04:26 am
Last Edited By Syed Iqbal on Aug 3, 2019 at 8:04:46 am

Hi folks,

I understand that in below logo animation someone has extruded splines along paths. What I want to understand is the technique through which the artist has attached each cloned instance of an image to those blued extruded splines throughout the animation.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Syed

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cloner based logo reveal
on Aug 3, 2019 at 3:10:48 pm

That's not extruding, that's Sweeping rectangle splines along a set of curved splines. The image parts can be attached to the Sweep end caps by using the default caps selection "C" in a material on the Sweep

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Aug 3, 2019 at 4:41:38 pm

Hi Brian,
Thanks for being of help as always. You said set of curved splines, does it mean those curved spines are contained within a matrix or clone object? Another thing which intrigues me is the fact how end points of each spline are laid down in such a way that we do not see any gap or misalignment between those 9 pieces of logo image. Is there any such trick to align these splines perfectly?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 3, 2019 at 8:02:41 pm

the splines already exist (but don't show in the render). Likely the splines were created by hand or maybe were a set of trails behind particles but either way the end points would have to be tweeked by hand to make sure they ended up in the right place (at least with this small number of end points).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]