MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sketch & Toon Changes With Resolution

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexander Lieberman
Sketch & Toon Changes With Resolution
on Jul 30, 2019 at 5:19:15 pm

Hi! I made a previous post for the same reason as this one. I'm a newb to Creative Cow, and couldn't figure out how to upload my project file, so this is a second attempt.

I have been trying to get my sketch and toon project to render how I set it up, and I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

I played with the thicknesses and cloned strokes, which looked great in the view I edited it in, but when rendering at low resolutions, those strokes and thicknesses are all messed up. I turned "resolution independent" on in the Sketch & Toon settings, and tried the XPresso Set Driver/Set Driven function, but I still cannot get this to work properly.

I hope someone will be able to take a look and help. Thank you so so much!

13596_sttower.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Sketch & Toon Changes With Resolution
on Aug 3, 2019 at 7:55:13 pm

Distance Modifier added to to whatever parameters are necessary in the S&T materials. Here is a test with the Pink/Orange material (Mat) with the Spots shader in the Luminance turned off since it's adding to the darkness but is harder to control since it doesn't have a distance modifier I'm aware of, so only the three sketch mats are active. I added a Distance Modifier to each and then it's a matter of controlling the distance parameter. It's touchy but doable. Easier with a Perspective camera but it's camera based control so if you are rendering from a non camera based view it doesn't work and Parallel doesn't work like perspective since the camera when moved closer will make the S&T thicker but doesn't change the apparent closeness of the object.

13604_sttower2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]