MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Growing Vines and Ivy

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
casey friedman
Growing Vines and Ivy
on Jul 26, 2019 at 8:51:08 pm

Hi there! 

I'm working on an animated short film, in C4D R20 and I need to animate the growth of vines/ ivy with leaves and fruits (the fruit being a cheeseburger, actually) on various buildings / other plants.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. The old ivy generator plugin seems to be incompatible with R20. I've been looking into Forester ($350) and X-Particles ($800), and both seem to provide ways of generating ivy. I don't have a huge budget, so I'd prefer not to spend money on either of these plugins, so my question is: is there a good way of doing this just within C4D (I've done research and haven't found any great options so far), or is it worth it to invest in Forester or X-Particles, and if so, which plugin seems like a better option (in terms of flexibility and usability)? Or is there another plugin that would be even better.

I'm somewhat new to C4D (only about 2 years experience), so if there's something obvious I'm missing, feel free to point it out! The style of the film is stylized rather than hyperrealistic, if that helps with any recommendations. Thanks! 

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Growing Vines and Ivy
on Jul 26, 2019 at 10:42:03 pm

For sheer power and amazing results, it's hard to beat X-Particles, but the downside is obviously its price. Xfrog is far cheaper than both Forester and X-P, so I would suggest trying out a trial version to see if it will do what you want.

https://www.toolfarm.com/buy/xfrog/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]