MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Strange Rendering Issue - Getting blank Cyan screen...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mason
Strange Rendering Issue - Getting blank Cyan screen...
on Jul 23, 2019 at 8:59:08 pm

I have a larger project file, with multiple cloners and lots of simple materials. I have no issues rendering (CMD+R) within the project, but once I render to the Picture Viewer none of my objects show up and all I get is a blank Cyan-colored screen as the result.

On top of that, the "preparing" phase of the render takes over 7 minutes, which is far longer than my quick CMR+R render which only take a few seconds.

What is going on here? Is my file size too big or something? I've include a pic of the scene as well as what the picture viewer is showing me once it is finally done rendering...

Mac Pro (2017)
2.3 GHz Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Strange Rendering Issue - Getting blank Cyan screen...
on Jul 23, 2019 at 10:41:09 pm

'Preparing' takes into account dynamics and particles, hair and anything else that needs to be calculated frame by frame to reach the frame you are at accurately, but Cmnd-R just renders whatever is in the screen regardless of accuracy (also if SubD is being used it will use the Editor setting not the Renderer setting in the SubD object etc). It's a fairly common thing that catches many, they work away in the preview window and think everything is setup the way they want and then do a full render to find it doesn't look the same. Maybe that is happening here, if not we might have to see the scene file.
If you have Dynamics etc that can be cached so what you see in the frame is accurate all the time and that part of the 'preparing' will go away. So what might be in front of the camera when the real render happens? Another common problem is the camera being behind a wall that didn't show in the preview but does in the actual render etc. etc. etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]