MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Can't add shortcuts in R20

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Can't add shortcuts in R20
on Jul 20, 2019 at 7:03:14 pm
Last Edited By David Cabestany on Jul 20, 2019 at 7:06:15 pm

I'm trying to add a shortcut in R20 to have it behave similarly as it does in After Effects:

` (key next to number 1) to maximize the selected window, I tried also shift+` to no avail.

I used to have it working fine in the previous version of C4D I used, which was R17 but it's not working in R20, can anyone help me pinpoint the reason?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Can't add shortcuts in R20
on Jul 20, 2019 at 8:55:52 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Jul 20, 2019 at 9:03:16 pm

Hi David,

If you're talking about the Maximize command as found in the Customize Palettes/Commands window, I can concur that it doesn't work as you desire in either R19 or R20, either by adding the icon to a layout, or a keyboard shortcut for it. In fact, I can't see that it does anything. However, as the Help describes (search for "maximize"), with the cursor over the desired window, Ctrl/Cmd + Tab will accomplish what I think you want. The Customize Palettes window lists this behavior under "Full-Screen Mode" (and, interestingly enough, only lists Cmd+Tab on my Mac, but works as Ctrl+Tab). If you're on a PC, I assume that it should work as well.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I forgot to add that the Full-Screen Mode shortcut can be changed to whatever you want (as long as its available).

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Jul 22, 2019 at 4:14:02 pm

Thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of that shortcut. It has to be Ctrl in Mac, since Cmd+Tab brings up the application switcher.
I wish it could be a single key and not a combination of two, though. I know, first world problems, but still.

Thanks again,
D.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jul 22, 2019 at 4:40:39 pm

Hi David,

Glad to help. I am aware of the Cmd+Tab on Mac bringing up the application switcher, which is why it is odd that the Customize Commands list shows it as that, when Cntrl+Tab is what actually works. For some reason C4D doesn't recognize the Control key when setting shortcuts (perhaps it has to do with PC keyboards), but will recognize it in use. As far as using a single key shortcut is concerned, it's just a matter of finding one that isn't used for something else. For example, I was able to change the Full-Screen mode to the backslash key /.

Take care.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]