MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Paper blowing C4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saran Sirisoonthorn
Paper blowing C4D
on Jul 19, 2019 at 5:46:26 pm

Hi All,

I am making this dynamic animation test where I have papers falling to the ground then get blow with the wind. The problems that I couldnt figure out were the jittery (papers seem to keep vibrate when on the ground) and the papers are overlapping when get pick up from the wind.

If you do not mind helping me solve these problem, i would be really appreciated it.
English is not my first language, sorry if there is any confusion.

Thank you very much
Hope to hear from you soon
Saran Sirisoontorn

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Paper blowing C4D
on Jul 21, 2019 at 1:25:39 am

that's going to be hard or impossible to solve with Cloth since it's not easy to solve for collisions with other cloth and it's slow to solve for collisions with itself. Softbodies would be much easier, do you have a C4D version with Dynamics?

Return to posts index

Saran Sirisoonthorn
on Jul 21, 2019 at 6:16:37 am

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate this.

Yes, I do have C4D version with dynamic, I’m new c4D user so I’m not sure how to do this with soft body, can you please guide me through this technique.

Thank you very much
Hope to hear from you soon
SaranS

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 21, 2019 at 3:03:05 pm

got to go right now I'll post an example later.

Return to posts index

Saran Sirisoonthorn
on Jul 21, 2019 at 3:57:43 pm

Thank you very much, I own you big time
Will look forward to it
SaranS

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 22, 2019 at 3:50:52 am

ok this is the general form, and only one way to do it. Not necessarily what you want but it's adaptable.

13557_softbodypapertrial.c4d.zip

The Wind object is set to Aerodynamics Wind which is only one of three choices, it requires using Lift in the SoftBody tag Forces tab (the other two, Acceleration and Force do not) and makes the paper float down more naturally so it will spread wherever - that can be changed by changing the rotations added by the random tag to get a better arrangement and you could also lower the Lift in the softBody tag to let it fall tighter the increase it after it settles to let the wind have more effect when it starts.
I animated the wind and it's falloff to allow it all to fall then blow away, once again, totally changeable.
No matter what else, the paper pieces can't be intersecting with each other at the start like with the cloth simulation (or it 'explodes' or paper sticks together at the start) but that means when they fall on each other they don't intersect there either. To fix that I added a Push Apart effector to move them apart.
Some settings in Project/Dynamics/Expert needed changing
- Collision Margin needed to be much smaller since the default is 1 cm but your paper is small at 15cm x 7 cm so if the collision margin is 1 cm there's a big gap between pieces laying on each other
- and Scale (right below Collision Margin) needed to be reduced since the small scale of the paper pieces meant the paper was all just dropping through the floor (it's just something that has to be done with the Bullet dynamics engine, the help says
"This is the factor by which the Cinema 4D units of measure will be reinterpreted in the bullet engine. Simply follow this rule of thumb:
If you have objects flying through your scene that are 100 Cinema 4D units in size, leave the Scale value set to 100cm. If the objects are 1000 units in size set the Scale value to 1000cm.
This value only has to be modified if objects start behaving strangely, i.e., if it comes to faulty calculations."

Return to posts index

Saran Sirisoonthorn
on Jul 23, 2019 at 10:06:45 am

Thank you very much Brian, you are my hero ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]