MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics Problem.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roughan
Dynamics Problem.
on Jul 18, 2019 at 12:26:05 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a scene where an emitter shoots an object out of a window. The object is an extrude text with a dynamics tag. The window is a plain, cut up and placed in a fracture object. The fracture object is in a cloth simulator to give it a bit of thickness.
So, the word smashes through the window OK, and the word and the glass shards fall to the ground ok , but when they hit the ground ( a plain with a collider object) the word hits it and reacts as it should, but the majority of the glass shards just fall straight through, although some of them will react crazy with the ground, spinning and bouncing around all over the place.
I have tried the dynamics tag on the window plain, on the window fracture and on the window cloth and its the same.
Can somebody steer me in the right direction?

Thanks heaps,
Simon

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Dynamics Problem.
on Jul 19, 2019 at 4:58:11 am

Project/Dynamics/Expert increase Steps Per Frame and Maximum Solver Iterations Per Step

In the Dynamics tag on the window parts decrease Collision/Collision Noise to 0%, decrease bounce, possibly increase the Friction

Search in the Help for "The Party's Over" that should get you to the Dynamics Tip and Tricks section where they talk about ways to remove energy from the dynamics simulation

Return to posts index

Simon Roughan
Re: Dynamics Problem.
on Jul 19, 2019 at 7:41:40 am

Thx mate , Ill give em all a try...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]