MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Flickering in rendered textures

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
Flickering in rendered textures
on Jul 17, 2019 at 5:30:52 pm

I'm getting this flickering on the wall texture in this render. Not sure why or how to correct. ??? This is the end of a long render so I'm hoping I can just re-render a fix in this end section. The material is just a stone from Visualize textures. Using standard renderer. Any suggestions appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Flickering in rendered textures
on Jul 17, 2019 at 5:57:01 pm

Which renderer are you using at this point?
And it looks like the flames on the spheres on the wall cold use an alpha so it's not a black ball with flame. It's coming along nicely though.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Jul 17, 2019 at 6:12:35 pm

Hmmm. I used the flame file as the alpha also. Thought that keyed it out.
I'm using the standard renderer. Do you know why I'm getting flicker in the stone texture?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 17, 2019 at 8:50:20 pm

I assume that's the stone texture in the sampleroom.c4d file, try setting the A015.TIF file and it's A015BM variant's Sampling setting to SAT from MIP and set the Blur Scale to 100% (but leave Blur Offset at 0%). Do that for Color, Diffuse and Bump. That seems to help.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Jul 17, 2019 at 8:56:52 pm

Brian... thanks. I'll give that a try. I have no idea what those things mean, but I'll follow your suggestion. If you can figure out the little white spots in the throne, please let me know.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 17, 2019 at 11:28:37 pm

I'm guessing specular or maybe weird normal tag from a .obj (or something) dl'd file but I have to see the scenefile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]