MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Ocane, Alphas and After Effects...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teodor Cimpeanu
Ocane, Alphas and After Effects...
on Jul 16, 2019 at 4:28:33 am

Hey guys! I hope I'm in the right forums here as I'm using Octane and it's also a problem with compositing in After Effects...

Basically, I have this scene:
And I'm looking to get a foggy mood for it. So as fog can get time-consuming in Octane I decided to cheat and use the Z-Depth pass to simulate the fog. The problems started when I tried to composite my scene in After Effects. Maybe I just don't understand straight and premultiplied alphas well enough but when I try to subtract my clouds from my Z-Depth pass using the alpha pass of the clouds, I get the fringing:

Now I have read everything I could on the internet and tried every possible thing I could think of. I have made sure that the premultiplied alpha option was unchecked in the Camera Imager, I have disabled Keep Environment and I have even tried increasing my Info Pass Samples. As for saving, I tried saving it as an EXR and as a PSD as AE wasn't allowing me to Interpret an EXR so I tried it with PSD layers and even after setting my Alpha Interpretation to "straight alpha" I couldn't get rid of the fringing.

It's needless to say I am pretty desperate by now. If anyone here has some insight into what I might have overlooked then I would be so grateful for finding out (as stupid as it might make me feel)

Cheers
Toti

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]