I wonder if someone might be kind enough to give some advice? I'm new to X-Particles as of two weeks ago and am struggling with what is hopefully a very basic question. I have posted this separately on the Insydium forum, and just thought Creative Cow might also have some people who could help...
I'm using Version 4.0.0724 of X-Particles within Cinema R20.059, on a PC.
What I am hoping to do is slowly build on some particles using a polygon object as the emission source (and so the resultant shape). If they could grow from the floor up with some interesting movement, to form the object shape, I will be very happy!
- In xpEmitter, use the Emitter Shape as Object and emit from Points
- Generate a vertex map, add it as the Selection in xpEmitter and only emit particles from certain vertices
What I am really struggling to do is get any movement into this:
- I originally had 'Stick Particle to Source Object' checked (no vertex maps used), and used 'Action: Unstick From Source Object' - but I could only get that to essentially explode the particles, and what I'd love to do is have them all slowly rise up to form the shape
- I'm able to create a vertex map and animate it - I tried adding a Linear Field to the Vertexmap Tag and I can animate the strength - but the particles don't update during the animation, they stay as the original vertex map from frame 1
- I tried the xpVertexMap Object using an animated noise texture applied to the object as the source, and I can see the vertex map animating - but this has no effect on my particles across time at all
Any advice or thoughts that anyone can offer would be forever appreciated!
Thanks so much,