MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Trying to find the best way to morph, melt or transform one object into another.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Burton Markham
Trying to find the best way to morph, melt or transform one object into another.
on Jul 11, 2019 at 4:07:43 am
Last Edited By Burton Markham on Jul 11, 2019 at 4:32:03 am

I am trying to dissolve/melt,combine however you want to put it, one object into another. Think of a plane crashing into a building but the plane is just sort of absorbed by the building (then add some wobble). The objects or objects on the left will be flying into the light bulb object on the right.

Keep in mind that this is one object made up of dozens of objects. I have combined all and deleted to create one. I might be over thinking this. I've looked into simulation tags, using pose morph and I have scoured the web looking for anything relating to my end goal to not find an ideal solution.

I am working in R20. Currently I am playing around with squash and stretch utilizing a field. I am trying to figure out how to morph this 3 layered object in a way to get my desired effect.

I suppose i could redesign these shapes a different way for this scene although I am about 2.5 minutes into this animation, so a complete redo is not an option.
Thanks in advance for any incite! ☺

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Trying to find the best way to morph, melt or transform one object into another.
on Jul 11, 2019 at 6:49:54 pm

your example of the plane crashing into the building results in the plane disappearing (if you don't see the inside of the building), at least 911 style, a Cessna on the other hand just jams in or falls off - which are you looking for? or are the objects supposed to start changing shape before they arrive? Do they add to the height of the stack we can see? It looks like a rectangular shape arriving at a rectangular shape, other than squash/stretch (some scaling) to match dimensions it doesn't look like a morph is needed.

Return to posts index

Burton Markham
Re: Trying to find the best way to morph, melt or transform one object into another.
on Jul 11, 2019 at 8:16:03 pm
Last Edited By Burton Markham on Jul 11, 2019 at 9:20:26 pm

Great point, I will clarify. I would like the plane to collide with the building, giving the effect that is taking on the full content of the plane but swallowing it up whole.
So imagine the plane hits as some squash and stretch is happening, the building shakes, maybe expands a little bit (also probably squash and stretch) moving up and (ping) the light goes on thus triggering the rest of the story.

I have been having some nice results with fields, squash and stretch and delay. I'm still working on the timing and also the end crash/mesh/collide scene. The previous scene has the 3 layer ship soaring through outer space, then whamo! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've really hit a block with this one.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]