MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

May I be allowed to vent my frustration with C4D camera for a moment? Perhaps I can learn something from this.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Hopper
May I be allowed to vent my frustration with C4D camera for a moment? Perhaps I can learn something from this.
on Jul 10, 2019 at 7:36:42 pm

I just need a place to vent for a second. If there is one thing I cannot stand it is when I accidentally click something or hit a key and it completely screws up my active camera. I will have it set just how I want it and then I'll hit a key and it gets completely bleeped.

As an example I am looking selected on my camera (with the little white box next to the camera clicked so I am looking through it).

While selected on one of my lights, on accident I hit the "S" key on my keyboard.
The camera jumps to a different location. I have no idea why. Did it center my light or something? Well, in any case let me just undo that. ....Sorry it didn't record that as an instance that can be reversed.

My camera is now completely screwed up and I can't undo whatever the heck just happened.
My only option is to close without saving and reopen a file that happened before I hit a single "S" key on my keyboard.

I googled C4D keyboard shortcuts to try and see what the S key does and couldn't figure it out.

This is just one example of many cases where I will be doing something and accidentally do the smallest thing...only to have it completely ruin my camera for good. I have been continually creating duplicates of my camera for when INEVITABLY my camera view will get destroyed somehow.

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong or what I am failing to understand here.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: May I be allowed to vent my frustration with C4D camera for a moment? Perhaps I can learn something from this.
on Jul 10, 2019 at 8:20:27 pm

I understand your pain. The keyboard shortcut "S" frames whatever object is selected. To undo any camera change: Shift-Cmd-Z.

Return to posts index

Jim Hopper
Re: May I be allowed to vent my frustration with C4D camera for a moment? Perhaps I can learn something from this.
on Jul 10, 2019 at 8:37:45 pm

Thank you!!!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jul 10, 2019 at 9:52:26 pm

You're welcome. And I forgot to point out that if you search for "Keyboard Shortcuts and Hotkeys" in C4D's help you'll find a list of all of them. In the "View" list you'll see Shift + Ctrl (or Cmd) + Z for "Undo View," which means undoing a view or camera change.

Return to posts index

Jim Hopper
on Jul 10, 2019 at 11:19:24 pm

See, I knew I would learn something while screaming with anger over this issue.
Thanks again for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]