MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Echidna's Spike - Hair Instance Render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Casamasso
Echidna's Spike - Hair Instance Render
on Jul 3, 2019 at 6:06:18 pm

Hello Guys! 😃

I'm running in a problem with hair, that probably is something simple that I'm missing!

I'm working on a Echidna(Animal visually Similar with a Hedgehog). And I'm Stuck in the Spike part... I did all spikes by Hair Object, using Instance mode (Instancing a Single Modeled Spike), It worked Great!!! But eventually, I noticed that in instance mode the spikes can't be rendered as polygons, they are being rendered as default Hair's 2D aspect...

Converting the Spike Instances for Polygon is not a good deal since I will lost all Hair control for it, that gives me Dynamics and etc which is awesome.

But Anyways, if render instances are not possible, I will need to convert it for Poligons, and a new problem appear, that "V.A.M.P" tool, cannot be used to transfer the weight paint from the skin to the Spikes, since the spikes are Rigid from the Bottom to the tip, vamp would fade the weight through the spike creating a big distorcion. And of course, manually painting is not a option (5.000 Spikes without symetry already aproved).

I'm sorry of not being able to attach the file here(I'm really not allowed, and this make this a lot harder to solve 😔).

Anyone can help me with this? Anyway, thank you guys! 😃

Respectfully,
Gabriel Casamasso

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Echidna's Spike - Hair Instance Render
on Jul 5, 2019 at 12:07:18 am

the spikes need to be polygons, parametric or generators don't work. The Instanced polys should move as hairs (they do here) so I don't understand what I think you are saying there

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]