MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

What is the best way to achieve the falling feather effect in this video?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
What is the best way to achieve the falling feather effect in this video?
on Jul 3, 2019 at 9:10:08 am
Last Edited By Hilary Tsai on Jul 3, 2019 at 9:12:11 am

I'm wondering about the best strategy for recreating the falling feather effect in the background of this performance. I figured I can model a feather in C4D and use an emitter on it--so I'm trying to do that, but the motion has been very hard to get down correctly, and it doesn't at all have the appearance of wafting.

I also wondered if they might have used real feather footage and just abstracted it in some way--maybe in Aftereffects? These visuals are very eye-catching, and I'm interested in how concert graphics like these are made, in general. Does it look like something I can achieve in C4D? I'm not trying to do the feather mask, just the loose feathers falling around it. As a side question, what software do you think these designers use for this specific type of motion design? I have a hard time believing it's all C4D or Aftereffects.

The feathers come in at around 1:02

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: What is the best way to achieve the falling feather effect in this video?
on Jul 4, 2019 at 1:22:52 am

it looks like any number of snow tutorials and might be done the same way. Those definitely look like simple 3d feathers not real film. Which programs were used is anybody's guess but C4D could do that with some kind of capable compositing program.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]