MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpresso: List as input data for corresponding list of objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Snook
Xpresso: List as input data for corresponding list of objects
on Jun 27, 2019 at 10:06:03 pm

I've found tutorials on using hierarchy (or link.list) nodes to perform an operation on a list of object, but cannot find how to use a hierarchy (or list) as a set of variable inputs for a corresponding list of object outputs.

I am creating a bar graph with extrude generators. I want to create a hierarchy with the same animation operation on each extrude BUT with variable data.

Like I said, I know how to create a hierarchy that performs the same operation on each object, but only with constant data (e.g. I don't want all bars to be extruded the same height).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Xpresso: List as input data for corresponding list of objects
on Jun 30, 2019 at 4:31:26 am

You have to use an Iterator node. This node will count up from its start value to its end on each frame and inject whatever value you like into each object in turn. You can use the same node to line up a list of values with a list of objects in a link list. In a sense it focuses the iterated object in the list as the object doing the work or receiving the value.
Remember that the first object chosen will be a zero referenced value. So a list of three objects will have iteration values of 0,1,2.

Return to posts index

Edward Snook
Re: Xpresso: List as input data for corresponding list of objects
on Jul 1, 2019 at 2:26:33 am

Thank you! I was getting hung up on thinking I had to create a second iterator node. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]