MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

adding random values to voronoi fracture elements

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lachlan Westfall
adding random values to voronoi fracture elements
on Jun 25, 2019 at 1:54:29 am

VF elements a dynamics tag have values such as "initial velocity". This number applies to all elements. What's the simplest technique for adding some randomness to those values so each element has a different speed? I'm getting familiar with XPresso. Does this involve getting the index number of each element and randomly setting the value? If so, I want to set and INITAL random value, not something that changes each frame. Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: adding random values to voronoi fracture elements
on Jun 25, 2019 at 3:00:22 pm

VF elements a dynamics tag = Voronoi Fracture elements with a dynamics tag? If that's correct, fractures fit together really tightly so how could you add different initial velocities to the pieces? They would just get stopped by their neighboring pieces. Are you looking to randomize the break-up the fracture?
If that's not it at all what are you trying to do?

Return to posts index

Lachlan Westfall
Re: adding random values to voronoi fracture elements
on Jun 26, 2019 at 3:54:39 am

I was trying to make the question more "general" about adding randomness to any VF/Dynamic variable. Specifically, what I have is an object that is fractured with all pieces static. I then want to move the object and have each fractured piece respond differently to that movement. i.e. some follow faster and some follow slower. I want to add some variability to the amount of drag, if that makes sense. I'm getting close to what I want via the "follow position", "drag" and "lift" variables, but I'd still like to know how to feed an initial random number into any VF or dynamic parameter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]