MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Effector Fields Question - If cloner has a material, can you use the Color Remap of the Field?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mason
Effector Fields Question - If cloner has a material, can you use the Color Remap of the Field?
on Jun 20, 2019 at 5:42:28 pm

My question is as above. I cannot seem to be able to have BOTH a cloner with a material and make use of the Color Remap function within any of the effector fields.

Anyone know how to do this?!

I really need the texture of the material, but I also need to make use of the great falloff and animation parameters of the Field Color Remap...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Effector Fields Question - If cloner has a material, can you use the Color Remap of the Field?
on Jun 20, 2019 at 6:37:06 pm

with a Node material you can pass the color from a MoGraph node (in the Info group) into the color of the BSDF node and get the Field color remapping. I don't know how to do it in standard materials

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Effector Fields Question - If cloner has a material, can you use the Color Remap of the Field?
on Jun 20, 2019 at 6:53:38 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Jun 20, 2019 at 6:54:36 pm

Found it, in a standard material you can just add a Mograph Color Shader (set to Color in Channel) and that seems to do it

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
on Jun 20, 2019 at 7:48:19 pm

You're a lifesaver.

Worked!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]