MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloners set to Object Mode - Dynamics not doing anything OR just exploding...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Mason
Cloners set to Object Mode - Dynamics not doing anything OR just exploding...
on Jun 19, 2019 at 4:45:09 pm

I have a project (and I can provide the project file) where I have hundreds of parametric clones within a Cylinder Object that has the Slice option on. I don't want the clones to intersect, so I added a Rigid Body Tag onto the Clone object, set Inheret Tag to "Apply Tag to Children" and Individual Elements to "Top Level". I added the Collider Body Tag to that Cylinder Object.

When I play around with the "Shape" parameter within these tags, two things happen:

1. Static Mesh - the clones do not explode, but they also don't do anything and continue to intersect.

2. Any other option - they explode.

I need the clones to stay within the object AND not intersect. Seems very straight forward, but it is not working for me at all. Very frustrated.

Using Cinema 4D Studio R20
Mac Pro (2017)
2.3 GHz Intel Xeon W
128 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cloners set to Object Mode - Dynamics not doing anything OR just exploding...
on Jun 19, 2019 at 6:36:58 pm

Are you using Volume distribution in the cloner?

Return to posts index

Rob Mason
Re: Cloners set to Object Mode - Dynamics not doing anything OR just exploding...
on Jun 19, 2019 at 6:45:05 pm

Yes I was, but as of reading your comment I've figured out a workaround.

Due to R20's fields function with effectors, I was able to lay a Grid Array of clones instead and use the parametric cylinder as a Volume field to get the effect I was going for. This completely solved the issue.

Suppose this will be of help to someone in the future then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]