MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Please, please, please...How can i prevent overlapping by using a deformer for different spline objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Henik
Please, please, please...How can i prevent overlapping by using a deformer for different spline objects
on Jun 17, 2019 at 2:38:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in a middle of a project, which is a kind of complicated.
I use splines for wrapped tubes, the same way as can be creating cables.
Covering these cables is another spline object, which is patched, like a loft nurbs.
In the center of all objects is also a spline object, which control's the center points of all the spline objects
i first mentioned, and it is responsible for inflation and reduction of the center points of the inner cables and the cover.
Up until this point everything is perfect, until I use a deformer, such as FFD or Wind deformer.
When I activate the deformer, its every spline for itself. The cables overlap the cover, and the center controlling spline is overlapping as well and out of place.

So far I managed to make the cover not to get overlapped by the cables, since I separated it from the cables and gave it a separated deformer of the same kind, but with a different value.
However the center controlling spline I cannot control.

Is there a way to make this go right, no overlapping, smooth moving together?
This should have been so easy, but one solution uncovers another problem, and I really don't know what to do.
Is there an Xpresso to control all the different objets, and can group them into one for the deformation?
Hope you can help me out.
If you need a file to understand what happens, I will add one per request.

Kind Regards
Andy

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Please, please, please...How can i prevent overlapping by using a deformer for different spline objects
on Jun 17, 2019 at 11:11:43 pm

a deformer that's at the same level as a number of objects should affect them all equally (like a Bend) or across them all (like Bulge). If your objects are in a null with the deformer it should work but it will depend on the setup of the scene.

Return to posts index

Andy Henik
Re: Please, please, please...How can i prevent overlapping by using a deformer for different spline objects
on Jun 18, 2019 at 9:15:18 am

Thank you for your answer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]