MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rotating Strips - Texture Mapping

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Ross
Rotating Strips - Texture Mapping
on Jun 10, 2019 at 11:21:31 pm

Hi there. 

I have a cuboid made up of 6 strips (1 strip animated 90 degrees and then dropped in to a Cloner with 5 clones to make up the 6 strip cuboid) I then have a Plain Effector animating across with each strip rotating 90 on the vertical axis one after the other, staggered. 

The idea is to have 1 image on the first cuboid face (across the 6 strips) and then the strips rotate 90 degrees to animate that image off and animate a new image on (across the 6 faces). I've been able to set the first image up with a texture tag and that animates off with the rotation ok but i can't understand how to texture the strips so that when it settles after the 90 degree rotation it is a new image. 

I look forward to hearing back.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Rotating Strips - Texture Mapping
on Jun 11, 2019 at 1:29:14 am

can you post that file?

Return to posts index

Andrew Ross
on Jun 11, 2019 at 8:20:35 am

13425_stripstest1.zip.zip

Return to posts index

Andrew Ross
on Jun 11, 2019 at 8:21:31 am

Thanks for getting in touch Brian, i've attached the project file here.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jun 11, 2019 at 3:03:21 pm

this is one way. It relies on the ability to apply a texture to a polygon selection that is not actually on the object but on a child. Initially used the Flat projection you had set up but changed to Cubic since it will spread across all the parts like Flat but will stick to the faces rather than deform like Flat. And removed the animation of the cube and the time parameter of the Plain effector and used the Plain effector to rotate 90° instead(in Parameter). And changed the Plain effector's Falloff/Orientation rather than rotating the plain effector.

13426_test2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Andrew Ross
on Jun 11, 2019 at 3:48:33 pm

Great stuff. That's a brilliant way to do it. Thank you so much for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]