MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Extrude NURBS - Coloring Different Parts Of An Extrude NURB

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Musco
Extrude NURBS - Coloring Different Parts Of An Extrude NURB
on Jun 6, 2019 at 6:09:55 pm

Hey there. I'm running C4D R12. Here's what I've done so far:

I've successfully imported an Adobe Illustrator file into the program. In AI, this is often referred to as an "object" -- it is made up of closed paths. I place these paths (as called in C4D) as children of an Extrude NURBS object, tick the "hierarchical" box and adjust things to get make my object three-dimensional. That's all gone great.

I have been able to add one color to the entire extrusion. Is there a way to paint the caps a different color without using the "make object editable" function? If so, how?

I found this elsewhere, but I do not understand what they are doing at all. Can someone walk me through this with a little bit more detail?
Coloring Different Parts Of An Extrude NURB

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Extrude NURBS - Coloring Different Parts Of An Extrude NURB
on Jun 6, 2019 at 6:55:30 pm
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Jun 6, 2019 at 6:56:34 pm

Hi John,

To apply different textures to different parts of the extrusion simply add all of them to the extrude object and then enter the appropriate designator (C1, R1, etc.) into the "Selection" box of the Texture Tag. In the example below I added red, blue, and yellow textures to an extrude object set to Fillet Cap, and then entered "C1" for the blue texture to restrict it to the start cap, and "R1" for the yellow texture to restrict it to the start rounding (or "fillet"). The red texture then shows up on any parts not included in the selections.

Return to posts index

John Musco
Re: Extrude NURBS - Coloring Different Parts Of An Extrude NURB
on Jun 6, 2019 at 7:25:40 pm

Jim -- Thank you so much! You just saved me so much extra time as I try to work the kinks out of this design. Have a great day! - John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]