MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Motion Tracker iPhone XS 3D Solver Settings - Not aligning...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Milt
Motion Tracker iPhone XS 3D Solver Settings - Not aligning...
on Jun 3, 2019 at 12:29:26 am

I'm trying to use Motion Tracking with footage of a real world scene... I measured and modeled the real-world geo at accurate dimensions, but it never seems to line-up with the solved 3d camera... Guessing I'm putting in the wrong focal length and sensor size in the motion tracker 3D solve tab? I filmed it on an iPhoneXS which I believe is a 25mm focal length (I didn't zoom in at all during filming) and I have no idea what I'd put as the sensor size (36mm?). When I try testing different focal lengths (25mm, 36mm, 22mm, etc) - the perspective lines never match up between my footage and geometry. Anyone know the correct settings to put in when using the iPhoneXS camera?

Secondly - I'm wondering if there's a better way to align the geo to a tracking dot null? It's easy to zero out the position and move it around a little, but how do the pro's deal with rotation/orientation of the geo? Does everyone just manually rotate the geo until it looks correct? Feels like there's probably a more accurate way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]