MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to convert dynamics into keyframes on R19

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier Bonet
How to convert dynamics into keyframes on R19
on Jun 1, 2019 at 9:18:13 pm
Last Edited By Xavier Bonet on Jun 1, 2019 at 9:31:56 pm

So I'm dropping some objects from out of frame onto a "floor" using dynamics, in the end, they all have to line up facing straight to the camera, which I'm managing by placing each object in its own null holder, so that at the end I can move it around to set it right.

However, I would really like to be able to set the dynamics of said object to keyframes so that nothing can change them on me... I say this because I've had some problems in te past with the dynamics tag going haywire on me and, even though everything was baked, when I closed and opened C4D again, it had changed everything, or the bake dynamics had disappeared and everything was just a chaos!

So I started researching and found very few hits, almost none. But I found this video: https://vimeo.com/125315228. But what he's doing doesn't work at all in R19... no keyframes are created, nothing's copied... I've tried recreating the situation he shows almost entirely but 've had no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your input!

Return to posts index

Xavier Bonet
Re: How to convert dynamics into keyframes on R19
on Jun 1, 2019 at 9:36:40 pm

Never mind! In the end I was able to manage it but differently from what's shown here. Instead of placing the dynamics tag on the parent null, I placed it on the actual object inside and that did the trick. I.e., the baking has to happen on the object that actually has the dynamics tag on it. If I try to bake objects that are children of an object with the dynamics tag on it, it doesn't work for me, for some reason... perhaps it might work if I set "Inherit Tag" to "Apply Tag to Children". But then that's not what I'm looking for for this particular animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]