MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How can I time rigid body effect so that my objects don't fall right at the beginning of the scene?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilary Tsai
How can I time rigid body effect so that my objects don't fall right at the beginning of the scene?
on May 28, 2019 at 7:02:49 am

I have some extruded text and am trying to make it look like a fist punched the text upwards, and now the letters are falling down from the impact. For this to happen, I need the rigid body to take effect a couple seconds into the scene. However, it seems like the rigid body effect always takes place right at the beginning of the scene. How can I time it so that the letters fall when I need them to?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: How can I time rigid body effect so that my objects don't fall right at the beginning of the scene?
on May 28, 2019 at 2:30:10 pm

To control when an object falls you could either keyframe the "Enabled" setting in the dynamics tag, or keyframe the "Dynamic" setting from Off to On. The advantage of the second option is that leaving "Enabled" checked on, and keyframing "Dynamic" from Off to On, will allow the object to react to collisions, and obey timeline commands (position animation, for example), then begin falling at the point in time where you keyframe it to "On." When you change the "Dynamic" setting from On to Off you will see the tag's icon change from that of a Rigid Body to that of a Collider Body, indicating the change in properties. With the "Enabled" setting unchecked it's as if there is no dynamics tag on the object. Other options for controlling when dynamics takes effect and takes control of a tagged object can be found in the "Trigger" setting.

Return to posts index

Hilary Tsai
Re: How can I time rigid body effect so that my objects don't fall right at the beginning of the scene?
on May 29, 2019 at 8:25:43 pm

Thank you very much, Jim! This is extremely helpful info, and I'm going to give this a try now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]