MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Velinsky Márton
Dynamics problems
on Apr 20, 2019 at 8:21:59 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to create seen with some dynamics in it, but I have a few problems.

First, some of the objects are going threw collider body objects like this:

I don't know why this is happening but is maybe have to do something with the shape option inside the collider bod tag.😃

The second problem is that when the simulation "ended" the object are just going crazy and moving around a bit. Here is an example video:

Here you can download the project file:http://tiny.cc/irrh5y

Thank you!🐮
Velinsky Márton

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Dynamics problems
on Apr 20, 2019 at 9:39:50 pm

the objects penetrating are usual with fast moving objects, they can go through an object between the subframe sampling the Dynamics system is doing. It can also help to increase Size Increment in the container's rigid body tag (if it's not going to show). In Mode/Project/Dynamics/Expert increase Steps per Frame. I doubled that to 10 and did a size increment on the container of 5 and that stopped it. I had to reduce the Emitter to 150 with the size increment to not over fill the can.
With those settings the objects seemed to settle well but for dynamics that won't quit search for this "tips and tricks (dynamics)" in the Help. There is a section there down the page "The Party's Over" that talks about how to stop that sort of thing. It also helps to set Collision Noise to zero everywhere since that adds random energy to keep things looking natural but in a contained sim like that is not usually necessary.

Return to posts index

Velinsky Márton
Re: Dynamics problems
on Apr 21, 2019 at 8:51:36 am

Thank you for helping.

via GIPHY

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]