MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to mirror whole structure including skin

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milan Marecek
How to mirror whole structure including skin
on Apr 17, 2019 at 9:34:19 am

Hi guys
this might be a silly question but is there any simple way how to mirror whole structure including IK settings, bones, etc..?
I've got two hands pushing the trolley (see attached picture). Left hand is rigged with bones and IK controls and I need the right one as well.
So I;ve just copied it, make the copy as -1 scale in Z axis and it seemed working well.
BUT when I apply CEL render (which I need for the style of animation) it is wrong. It has some connection with that -1 scale since when I put it back to 1, it works fine. (in this case I have two left hands, though)

Also trying to experiment with mirror tool but the results are very weird.

I definitely don't want to rig the right hand separately. Seems like stupid way to do things even for future...

any tips/tutorials?

thx
Milan

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to mirror whole structure including skin
on Apr 18, 2019 at 1:35:03 pm

seems to be a bug in the Cel shader or a limitation to how it works, But given that the specular portion (if you turn it on) works on both sides unlike the diffuse I'm going with bug. I'd have to guess no one ever -1 scaled something tried to use Cel then reported it. It also happens if the normals are reversed so scaling -1 must reverse the normals (which makes sense). The usual way to copy something side to side is the symmetry object which does handle it correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]