MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

novice, please please please

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Dempsey
novice, please please please
on Apr 15, 2019 at 6:03:16 pm
Last Edited By Tom Dempsey on Apr 15, 2019 at 6:26:21 pm

Hi, I am learning Cinema 4d and have been following several particle tutorials which request that i create a polygon (triangle), make it editable, then delete 2 of the 3 points so that i am left with a single vertex. every time... when I delete a point, the entire polygon disappears along with the points i did not select for deletion. it appears as if it is all or nothing. Any help would be massively appreciated.

OK, I tried the same editing of a polygon in R19 and it works fine. So I must have a setting in R20 that causes it to delete the entire polygon when i remove a vertex point. it's confirmed that they are all deleted when i check the structure view.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: novice, please please please
on Apr 16, 2019 at 12:33:20 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Apr 16, 2019 at 1:37:25 am

yeah, 20 made a change, the vertexes of a deleted polygon don't hang around like in previous versions (so you don't have to clean them up if you don't want them).
You can get the old behavior by Shift-Delete-ing. Another thing you can do is to use the Weld tool, select the points you want to weld into one (you could select all of them at the same time) and click to indicate where the weld will happen - at any one of the points or their combined center.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 19, 2019 at 8:01:17 pm

There is a new preference setting in R20 (Modeling/Sculpting) which addresses this. Its default is to "Remove (press Shift to preserve)" but it can be changed to give you the R19 behavior.

Return to posts index

Tom Dempsey
on Apr 19, 2019 at 8:28:44 pm

thanks so much. makes my life easier.

best,
td

tom dempsey

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 19, 2019 at 8:48:50 pm

Your welcome, and I agree. I set my preferences to match the R19 behavior.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]