MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Silently install MAXON Cinema 4D R20 on Mac computers

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Lee
Silently install MAXON Cinema 4D R20 on Mac computers
on Apr 9, 2019 at 7:06:49 pm

Hi all,

I have been trying to silently install MAXON Cinema 4D R20 to Macintosh computers through the terminal

The goal for me is to see if it is possible to silently install MAXON Cinema 4D R20 on client computers without any user interaction. I am going to be using an automation system to deploy certain software to client computers and Cinema 4D R20 is one of the software I am trying to deploy.

I was able to successfully deploy and silent install Cinema 4D R20 to Windows computers
Now I am trying to see if this is possible on Mac computers.

The installation command I am executing in the terminal is

"/Volumes/R20.026 Installer Web MAC1/bin/MAXON-Inst.app/Contents/MacOS/-Inst" -noinstallergui -accepteula

Here is what the output looks like when executing the command

It prompts for administrator login before proceeding to install Cinema 4D R20 on my mac computer but normally it shouldn't be asking this if it is 'silently installing'. This requires user interaction.

I tried executing this command in super user mode putting 'sudo' before my installation command

MAXON-Inst runs in the background but seems to be getting stuck and doesn't proceed to installing. I would then have to force quit it.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this?

Thanks,
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]