MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Xpresso local pivot after rotation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hasan Gafirov
Xpresso local pivot after rotation
on Apr 6, 2019 at 6:18:26 am

Hello! First of all Forgive me for my English!
I think it very simple question, but I can't find solution several days...
Here is my xpresso very simple rig

When I rotate the cube and try to move by z axis it's move by global coordinates ( in viewport my axis still locale), but I want it move locale.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Xpresso local pivot after rotation
on Apr 6, 2019 at 5:04:46 pm

That is working correctly (but I see why you might think it should work). If you did the same without expresso it would behave the same.
The best way to do this (and safest for changes you might make later) is to use a parent null for the global rotation and have the child cube receive the position.
see file
13248_movingcube.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Hasan Gafirov
on Apr 8, 2019 at 5:26:22 am

Thanks for your answer! Without null it's imposible?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 8, 2019 at 5:41:41 am

Its all relative. With only one object, the position's move is always relative to its parent. With only one object the "parent" is the world. So the Z will always be the worlds Z.
If, after you have rotated the object, instead of setting the position value with a node, just drag it along the Zmanually and notice the values of the object in coordinates box. Its not just the Z that changes because its no longer moving in the "worlds" Z alone.

But you can change the orientation of the cube's axis. Use the Enable Axis modification. But this gets tricky because you will probably want to change it back later.

When it comes to rotating things it's a good idea to use nulls any way (and usually Parent, sub parent, child). Because it's so easy to get stuck with something called Gimbal Lock. Once you turn an object in two directions, there will be a point were when you turn the third axis the object will either not rotate or not rotate the way you expect - and there's no way out of the problem. But if you keep each of the objects in the parent,subparent,child heirarchy and dedicate each one to a different axis, it will never bite you. It also lets you (especially with camera moves) tweak any animation subtly without upsetting the overall motion because the children are just along for the ride and will do what the parents do. This way the children can add their own motion to the parent's.

Return to posts index

Hasan Gafirov
on Apr 15, 2019 at 4:57:02 am

OK! Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]