MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating iridescent / holographic texture

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kale collins
Creating iridescent / holographic texture
on Apr 5, 2019 at 8:27:00 pm

Hey everyone! I'm working on a personal project- I will have an object being "advertised" in front of, ideally, an iridescent background.
I have image for reference. Is attached to this thread.
I'm trying to figure how I can create this effect in c4d.
If anyone has suggestions or ideas do contribute 😎
Thanks!

~{^-^}~

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Creating iridescent / holographic texture
on Apr 5, 2019 at 9:20:00 pm

Try some of the shaders like Danel that come with C4D. There's also a CD texture there somewhere. Its really all about colored anisotropic highlights reflections . The danel (and other shaders in the list) let you have a core of the hilight (or reflection) be one color and the edges be another.

Return to posts index

kale collins
on Apr 5, 2019 at 9:41:31 pm

Thanks Steve! I do know of shaders.
but how is it being reflected?
is there a sky, and landscape here with the same material applied?
And if so is the iridescence on the chain simply just a reflection of that same material?

~{^-^}~

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 5, 2019 at 10:00:39 pm

Not the way I use it. The shader goes on the irid object. While the sky and HDRI enviro may impart some of the irid to the shader, I find, you want the colors to show when you want the colors to show! and physics be damned. You can spend hours trying to get it right if its just a reflection. So I usually put lights in the right place so I get the sheen no matter what (you can turn the diffuse off in the light settings and just use the spec). Often i'll animate those lights independently and in opposition to the camera or object path, so that, while the sheen changes angles and colors it's still in the right place because the light is changing to keep it so. Not physically possible in the real world at all (except for Kim K who travels with her own lighting guys), but hey, isn't playing God the whole point of working in 3D?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]