MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Redshift Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ángel Molina López
Redshift Problem
on Apr 2, 2019 at 7:46:32 pm

Hi everyone:

I recently downloaded the trial version of Redshift 2.5.46 for Cinema 4D 19. I activate the Renderview and it remains in black and when rendering it says "Failed to allocate necessary GPU memory. Frame aborted" or "There is less than 128mb of free VRAM".

I have a Quadro 2000 and 6gb of RAM. I have tried to change the settings of the "memory" tab and to render with a single cube but the same thing happens.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Redshift Problem
on Apr 3, 2019 at 12:11:33 am

why 2.5.46 and not 2.6.38? Are your graphics drivers new enough? Redshift forums Hardware discussion might be the best place to ask as they will likely have seen it all.

Return to posts index

Ángel Molina López
on Apr 3, 2019 at 12:36:14 pm

You're right Brian. I've already posted my problem on the Redshift forum. I went directly to the place I knew best, which is here. I have updated my card with the latest drivers and I haven't downloaded version 6 and above of Redshift because they give me an installation error. I just wanted to see the “Rounded Edges” option offered by Redshift, which doesn’t alter the mesh but makes the edges look like they had fillet. I needed it because it's impossible for a soft-bodied cube to keep its mesh rigid if it has fillet. It melts like an ice cream.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Apr 5, 2019 at 9:31:41 pm

You weren't running AE right before this were you? We've seen memory leaks with RedShift being used following AE use. (an AE "feature") If so try a restart and then run C4D on its own.

Return to posts index

Ángel Molina López
on Apr 11, 2019 at 10:31:56 pm

In the Redshift forum, they have told me you must have a minimum virtual memory of 4GB to make it work. Too bad, really.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]