MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

3D objecten plaatsen in live video feed

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Geilen
3D objecten plaatsen in live video feed
on Mar 28, 2019 at 6:50:12 pm

Hallo,

Ik heb een logo in 3d gemaakt om in een live video te plaatsen.
Nu wil ik dit graag op een AR achtige manier doen om de eventuele mogelijkheden te laten zien.
Dat wilt zeggen dat ik het 3d logo ook daadwerkelijk als een 3d output door wil geven als een video input op de videomixer, zodat ik deze vanaf mijn pc bijvoorbeeld kan ronddraaien etc.

Echter dacht ik dit makkelijk via Cinema 4D te exporteren en er binnen Premiere Pro een video van te maken, maar ik had er niet bij nagedacht dat het dan weer een 2d versie wordt.
Iemand enig idee hoe dit te realiseren is?

Het gebruik wordt als volgt:
Wanneer er tijdens een show nog niks te doen is (bij binnenkomst en na afloop), wil ik het 3d logo op het podium hebben staan / ronddraaien. Nu heb ik hier een vaste camera positie voor (kunnen er eventueel meerderen zijn), maar hoe kan ik het 3d-object in .3ds formaat als een daadwerkelijke 3d output als input op de videomixer krijgen?

M.v.Gr.,
Bob

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Translation
on Mar 28, 2019 at 9:21:57 pm

Hello,

I made a logo in 3d to place in a live video. Now I would like to do this in an AR-like way to show the possible possibilities. That means that I actually want to pass on the 3d logo as a 3d output as a video input on the video mixer, so that I can rotate it from my PC for example, etc.

However, I thought this could be easily exported via Cinema 4D and within Premiere Pro to make a video out of it, but I hadn't thought it would be a 2d version again. Anyone have any idea how to achieve this?

The use becomes as follows: If there is nothing to do during a show (upon arrival and afterwards), I want to have the 3d logo on the stage / turn around. Now I have a fixed camera position for this (there may be more than one), but how can I get the 3d object in .3ds format as an actual 3d output as input on the video mixer?

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Translation
on Apr 1, 2019 at 4:00:22 am

First, anything that is rendered is automatically 2D. Even something rendered for Stereo "3D" viewing with 3D glasses is just two versions of the image, and both are 2D only.

There are only three ways to do what you are looking for.

1) have the model generated in real time by a 3D system (Dataton's Watchout system or Green Hippo, Unity, among others). The real world camera must be linked to the virtual camera in the 3D system. This is a real time render so you may be limited in the kinds of reflections or textures or realism you can have.

2) render many frames withing the range you want to view the object from. Kind of like a VR render array. Then you write an algorithm that picks the right frame (or the closest frame) based on where the real world camera is located. This way all the frames are still 2D but because the frame that is picked is oriented as it would be if the camera had moved a little, it gives the illusion that the object is fixed in space and the camera has moved to see another side of it. There is only one sweet spot for viewing and that spot is the camera.

3) render the scene with camera data from a motion controlled camera that has already been programmed with a move. You are in essence rendering from the point of view of the real world camera because you are using its position all the way through the render. See link. If you watched this scene unfold as a bystander it wouldn't look right. It only looks right in the camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]