MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lights Animation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Jenkins
Lights Animation?
on Mar 26, 2019 at 10:40:21 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know how can I achieve this animation from 0:00 to 0:10?

+ how does the light emits one at a time. I don't know if it's a plug-in or splines as it looks complicated to me.

I greatly appreciate your help!

https://vimeo.com/164701767

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Lights Animation?
on Mar 26, 2019 at 6:00:08 pm

If that's C4d then those are tracers. You set particles loose and add a tracer object. Wherever the particle goes you get paths you can stroke.

Or you can do this with growing splines and use something like "WhiteLites".
https://cinemaplugins.com/c4d-plugins/white-lights/
I'm fond of this plug in because you don't have to create geometry for the paths and the glow is like nothing else around. But it can severely impact your render time.

Or you can just create the geometry (swept splines) and animate their growth. Add a glowing shader and done!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 26, 2019 at 6:02:39 pm

Ah, looking at it again - in the credits it says X particles. We were doing something like this with TP and had to go to X particles to get the control so they could turn corners at 90 degrees where we wanted them too. Just couldn't get there with TP.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Regarding the White Lights plugin
on Mar 26, 2019 at 10:30:42 pm

Hi Steve,

Concerning the White Lights plugin, I noticed on the link that it lists R13-16 compatibility. Have they updated it for R19 and/or R20?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Regarding the White Lights plugin
on Mar 26, 2019 at 11:02:48 pm

I'm not sure. I'm still using that one in the link with my R19. I haven't cracked R20 yet as we're in the middle of a project and I don't want to rock the upgrade boat. It might not be able to take advantage of some of the new features but I haven't noticed any issues yet. (apart from ones that were always there). The best use I've found for it is putting splines behind other objects and letting them glow out from behind whatever is blocking the core light. I haven't found anything that does that quite as well. The glowing "fog" has so much depth with WhiteLights and wraps blocking objects really well. Octane will do it but its pretty noisey. I'm sure if you wait long enough it would produce a frame but who has time for that.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 26, 2019 at 11:25:02 pm

it won't work with R20 directly, it doesn't have the new plugin format, I just tried it with Insydium's Bridge plugin but it doesn't seem to work with that either

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 27, 2019 at 12:20:43 am

Steve and Brian, thanks for all the info on White Lights.

Return to posts index

Jared Jenkins
on Mar 27, 2019 at 8:31:20 am

Oh, thank you so much! That means it is still achievable without any plugins.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]