MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is it possible to make the display lines of a polygon edge thicker in C4D for better visibility?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Schwartz
Is it possible to make the display lines of a polygon edge thicker in C4D for better visibility?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 11:34:33 am

Hello,

Is it possible to make the display lines of a polygon edge thicker in C4D for better visibility? I looked into the settings under options --> configure all --> view but I can't control the line thickness from there.

Thanks,

Lucas

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Is it possible to make the display lines of a polygon edge thicker in C4D for better visibility?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 5:25:35 pm

I don't think you can change the thickness (that would make doing other things harder with a great thick line depicting something that has no dimension) but you can probably change the color - preferences/schemecolors

Return to posts index

Lucas Schwartz
Re: Is it possible to make the display lines of a polygon edge thicker in C4D for better visibility?
on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:15:03 pm

Steve, thank you for your response. I have found the relevant setting to change the colour of the line however that's not what I am looking for. I would like to change the "thickness" of the line.

Take a look at the picture below.

It is a snapshot from the tutorial I am using to learn hard surface modelling. The lines appear to be much more thicker and prominent than the default setting in my version of Cinema.

There must be a setting somewhere within C4D to control the line thickness.

Return to posts index

Lars Jandel
on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:26:29 pm

You could lower your screen resolution. This will increase the size of UI elements like texts and icons and your lines should become thicker as well. Good luck!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:30:37 pm

Referencing Lars' comment, it, because its a video tutorial, perhaps the resolution of the screen was reduced for capture and the compression is making the lines a little thicker. You can also make the background color darker which would help with contrast. Is there a reason you want them thicker?

Return to posts index

Lucas Schwartz
on Mar 25, 2019 at 7:44:56 pm

Steve, once again thank you for you response. The reason I want the lines to be thicker is simple because I find thicker lines more comfortable to look at and easier to view when I work with the software for long hours.

If there is no way to adjust the line thickness though other then adjusting the resolution of my screen I guess I just have to put up with it as it is.

I was just hoping that there would be a built in setting in Cinema to control the thickness of the lines much like we can adjust the size of the polygons points and point handle size via the "options" --> "configure all" --> "view" setting.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Lucas

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Mar 25, 2019 at 8:05:48 pm

I hear you. I've been complaining for years about the ever increasing screen resoluions and the ever decreasing size of icons and my againg eyes.
In this case I find thinner the better (for accuracy). I even turn off the "never aligned" bounding box.
But i'm pretty sure you can't thicken it up. What about changing it to a bright yellow green- it's the color the eye sees best. (think safety vest color)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]