MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Basic Character Rigging Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bradt
Basic Character Rigging Question
on Mar 21, 2019 at 5:02:13 pm

Hello All!

I am new to character animation in C4D and could use a little help. I am trying to set up a rig in which a llama has 4 rigged legs with roller skates attached. I attempted to create a simple rig using bend deformers but because the legs are attached to the main body's geometry it would get messy. I also was going to try using PLA, however the roller skates are separate objects and wouldn't be able to be attached. I have set up IK systems in the past however, the legs were separate from the body which made it easier to set up. Do I need to remove the legs from the body on this model? Or is there a way I can set it up with my current model. Attached below is a screenshot and file from my project.

Best,
Alex

13218_llamabody.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Madalena Capucho
Re: Basic Character Rigging Question
on Mar 25, 2019 at 2:37:38 am

Hi there,

Just use joints, the joint tool, and then "paint" the rigging. The program does that for you, but you always need to adapt a little bit better and smooth all the joints.

"however the roller skates are separate objects and wouldn't be able to be attached" There is a way for them to be attached to a joint. Here is a video explaining that:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]