MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How in the heck to I get my 60 fps "motion capture" face and linked dog to play nice in a 24 fps project?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leigh Richert
How in the heck to I get my 60 fps "motion capture" face and linked dog to play nice in a 24 fps project?
on Mar 19, 2019 at 5:21:44 am

I have a 60 fps motion capture face model (that was created in a Cinema 4d plugin called “CVAR”) whose pose morphs drive the talking animation of our favorite doggy model. They are connected by Xpressions. There is an audio file that they move to and are in sync with. This all works nice and good.

BUT, when the doggy model is merged into another project which is 24 fps it stops working in sync with the audio. The 24 fps project is a video of the dog which has been object tracked using a geometry object. In the 24 fps project, the doggy head and face model play way slower than the audio, which I believe is due to the fact they are 60 fps. BUT WHY DOES THE AUDIO PLAY CORRECTLY in the 24 fps project? HOW DO I GET THE DOGGY MODEL TO STAY IN SYNC WITH THE AUDIO in the 24 fps project. Please help. I am confused and stuck.

Thanks, I love you all.

Leigh

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How in the heck to I get my 60 fps "motion capture" face and linked dog to play nice in a 24 fps project?
on Mar 19, 2019 at 7:05:04 pm
Last Edited By Steve Bentley on Mar 19, 2019 at 7:05:30 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand your description is but here's a few clues that might get you on he right track.
Audio is FPS independent. So that's why its playing normally
You can either squeeze or stretch the keyframes in the 60 fps project so they are warped to a 24fps timeline then they will all line up.
Or you can render either the 24 fps at 60 fps or the 60 fps at 24 fps and then correct the time base in AE or similar.
Does that help?

Return to posts index

Leigh Richert
Re: How in the heck to I get my 60 fps "motion capture" face and linked dog to play nice in a 24 fps project?
on Mar 20, 2019 at 5:27:38 am

Thanks for trying to help. I am going to go to After Effects to deal with the issue. C4D hurts my tiny pea brain sometimes.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
on Mar 20, 2019 at 1:54:57 am

I'm not tracking super well, but can you render out both layers, or create proxies and then import them into a 24fps timeline?

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Leigh Richert
on Mar 20, 2019 at 5:25:28 am

Thanks for your answer. I decided a better place to deal with the issue was After Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]