MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloned Objects Don't Hit the Floor

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Morton
Cloned Objects Don't Hit the Floor
on Mar 14, 2019 at 11:57:32 pm

I have a cloner with some small capsules falling randomly onto the floor, in front of a pill bottle.
Everything worked fine; now it doesn't. ? The capsules fall randomly and land nicely on the floor, but when I render the scene, the capsules are slightly ABOVE the floor - to the point you can see the shadow. I thought I fixed this the other day by taking the phong tag off the capsule in the cloner. That seemed to work, bu now it doesn't. Plus, I need the phong to smooth out the capsules. Regardless, that isn't fixing the issue. ????
One other thing...
Can anyone explain how to eliminate the crazy fly-aways that happen sometimes after the cloner objects fall? They fall ok, but some just take off like rockets.
Thanks.
R-18 studio

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Cloned Objects Don't Hit the Floor
on Mar 15, 2019 at 2:46:28 am

there's a lot going on, perhaps you will need to upload your scene file but in the Dynamics tag there is Collision/Size Increment, that's 0 by default but if it was increased that could be a problem. And in Mode/Project/Dynamics/Expert there is Collision Margin, that is set to 1 cm by default which with the default capsule size of 200x100(diameter) is not noticeable, however, if you made your capsules a real-world scale 1 cm is way too big and you will have to scale that back. As for the rocketing, that can be a bunch of things, you get that with objects interpenetrating which is usually solved by increasing the Steps per Frame and Iterations in the Project/Dynamics/Expert settings or just too much energy in your dynamics - lower Bounce and set Collision Noise to 0, collision noise is great for making a dynamic sim be random but with a lot of bounce too it can just be introducing too much energy for things to stop or so much they start to jump around.

Return to posts index

Rick Morton
on Mar 15, 2019 at 4:08:35 pm

Thanks. I tried fooling with those settings and it seems to have worked. Not getting the flyaways and the capsules seem to be on the floor again. Do you know what would make them stay off the floor like that? Just enough so you can tell they're not actually ON the floor, but just above it. ???

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 15, 2019 at 4:20:03 pm

best guess for the separation is Collision Margin but it would help if you posted the scene file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]