MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloner animation offset problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martín Gonzalez
Cloner animation offset problem
on Mar 14, 2019 at 4:34:28 am

Hi!

I'm trying to make an animation where each instance of the cloner starts its animation a few frames after the one before it. i googled how to do it and i found i needed to use an effector. the thing is, nothing happens when i modify the "time offset" parameter. i tried following several tutorials that used several methods, to no avail.

i applied one of the methods to this savefile, but i might be even getting that wrong
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19It24X0MF1xuNP5sGVdWcXVYEfMUWw3-

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Cloner animation offset problem
on Mar 15, 2019 at 2:26:21 am

My guess is that because the animation is on Align to Spline tags the Step effector is not able to function as it would with animations at the object level. And that's just a convoluted way to say I don't know why it doesn't work. Someone else may know a way around that but I couldn't find one. Here's an alternative solution using cloners in "Object" mode with circle splines. If it's the effect you want, and you can't follow how I set up the project, just let me know and I can provide more info.

13205_halfpipemod2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 15, 2019 at 3:06:00 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Mar 15, 2019 at 3:07:16 am

Hi Jim, his question got answered on CGTalk (do a PLA bake of the cubes in the timeline - Functions/Bake Objects - with Bake Expressions, Position and PLA checked) but for what it's worth the reason is that using an effector like that to delay clones animation works if the clones have some animation applied directly to the clone. In this case the clones are controlled by the Align to Spline tag expression which will not be modified by the Step effector but PLA animation will

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 15, 2019 at 4:59:39 am

Thanks Brian.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]