MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to smooth out hard edges to blend two objects into one?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Schwartz
How to smooth out hard edges to blend two objects into one?
on Mar 6, 2019 at 12:18:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to smooth out the hard edge marked on the picture to create the illusion of one object. I would like to make the front element of the object "growing out" of the S in the middle rather then having the feel of being attached.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

I am new to modelling so please forgive me for the probably trivial question. I tried to find tutorials that would be relevant to what I am trying to create but I have had no luck finding one so far.

Thank you all in advance.

Best regards,

Lucas

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: How to smooth out hard edges to blend two objects into one?
on Mar 6, 2019 at 7:36:47 pm

the bevel tool on that selected edge in the 2nd example pic looks like it would do the trick *but* the parts of your S would need to be joined to make one object and it would need to be truly attached (run an Optimize)

13183_softedges.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Lucas Schwartz
on Mar 6, 2019 at 9:28:23 pm

Thank you for providing the perfect answer and the great example files. It really helped me to understand what I need to do to achieve my goal.

Should someone stumble across my question here at a later time I also found this tutorial relevant and interesting:

Kind regards,

Lucas

Return to posts index

Lucas Schwartz
on Mar 7, 2019 at 2:31:51 pm

Also don't forget to turn off the "use edge breaks" check box if you are using a subdivision surface.

See picture below:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]