MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Hair: all settings are locked

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Velinsky Márton
C4D Hair: all settings are locked
on Mar 2, 2019 at 8:48:59 pm

Hey everybody!

I' trying to add hair to an animated character but when i add it all the settings are "grey" wich menas i can't edit them.
I can't find a solution for this problame.😥

Here are some screenshots and the project file itself:
https://bit.ly/2INe7IK

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: C4D Hair: all settings are locked
on Mar 2, 2019 at 11:40:39 pm

Hi,

I opened your project and see exactly what you are seeing. It's not just the hair attributes that are greyed-out, though, but all the other objects as well. Why?... I don't know. I copied all the objects and pasted them into a new project and that seemed to fix it. Perhaps your project file got corrupted somehow. If copying and pasting doesn't work, try the project file below which I saved from the new one I created.

13167_projectxx.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 3, 2019 at 1:32:32 am

I discovered that if you rt-click on an attribute that is greyed-out in your project (Hair Object>Hairs>Count, for example) and select "Override," that parameter will then be editable. I have yet to find what setting is being overridden however. In my projects, both "Override" and "Remove Override" are greyed-out, so I don't know what setting is altered in your project. Perhaps someone else will have some more info. You might just try quitting and restarting C4D.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 3, 2019 at 3:09:42 am
Last Edited By Jim Scott on Mar 3, 2019 at 3:13:54 am

Ok, I finally found it. You have multiple takes, and when your project is opened the "mixamo.com" take is selected. If you select the "Main" take you will be able to edit all of the Attributes parameters. I haven't used the Takes system before so the details of it are beyond my knowledge, but since you are obviously using it hopefully you're more familiar with it.

(edit: adding a take locks the current settings but which can be overridden with the context menu as I described in the previous response.)

Return to posts index

Velinsky Márton
on Mar 3, 2019 at 7:42:06 am

Thank you so much.👍

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]