MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shader effector to keep rotating in the same direction?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Houston
Shader effector to keep rotating in the same direction?
on Mar 2, 2019 at 3:27:39 pm

Hello,
I'm using a shader effector to rotate a grid of objects.
The objects rotate one way 180 degrees (like a flip-clock) if the reference texture is black, and they rotate backwards to their original position if the texture is white. The objects are black on one side, and white on the other. This creates a giant binary pixel grid which acts like a screen.

How do I keep the rotation direction the same throughout? They currently rotate, then rotate backwards. I'd like them to continually keep rotating the same direction every time the transition from black to white, or white to black, happens.

I hope you understand the situation. Thanks for any help.

Thanks, J

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Shader effector to keep rotating in the same direction?
on Mar 2, 2019 at 3:46:14 pm

can you post that scene file?

Return to posts index

James Houston
on Mar 2, 2019 at 4:20:00 pm

Sure, I believe I've posted it here: https://f1.creativecow.net/13165/13165

I must add, eventually each "pixel" square will be halved, to mimic the mechanics of a real flip-clock, but right now I'm just using full squares as a proof of concept.

Cheers
J

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 2, 2019 at 8:38:42 pm

not that way, it's responding to shades of grey. It doesn't matter which 'direction'. Right now it's aware of it's orientation and it flips to 100% (of 180) with white then back with black. It would need to add to it's rotation with color change (regardless of the direction of change) rather than set a value depending on the level of grey... what that would be I don't know at the moment

Return to posts index

James Houston
on Mar 2, 2019 at 10:25:20 pm

Thanks very much for your time Brian, I'm currently investigating a method using XPresso, I'll post here if I get anywhere.
Cheers
James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]